Jr. Kindergarten Program (young 5’s)
Eastmont Christian Elementary School | Junior Kindergarten Program
Our Jr. Kindergarten program is designed for 5-year-old students who are not quite ready either socially, academically or age wise for regular kindergarten.
Students in Jr. Kindergarten must turn 5 before January 1st.
This class meets five days a week from 9:00 – 12:30 with a maximum capacity of 18 students and 2 adults for a student to teacher ratio of 9 to 1.
We have 30 minutes each of Spanish, PE, and Music each week. We use a variety of methods to teach the children about Jesus including Bible stories, Bible characters, and characteristics of prayer. We teach the seven days of creation incorporating the following things:
- Life cycles (plant/animal/humans)
- Properties of light, air & water
- Land & water features
- Birds & sea creatures
- Bugs, amphibians, & reptiles
- Dental health & hygiene
- 5 senses
Our academic curriculum includes:
- Alphabet recognition, sounds, formation & matching capitals and lower case letters
- Recognition, formation, and order of numbers 1 – 20
- Math concepts such as patterning, sorting & classifying, 1-1 correspondence, sequencing, adding, subtracting & money
- Holidays….and much more!
Jr. Kindergarten assess students all year long and holds one conference per year.